Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dear sir or madam, another pictureful post.

R. is sick and is out cold from his medicines so I am being a considerate gf and not watching further episodes of whatever it is we are watching now. Instead I am taking the opportunity to indulge in some super amazing extra cute Japanese toys shopping on his gigantor computer screen. It's just hard to fully realize the cute on baby computer's teeny weeny screen. It is itself a super amazing extra cute Japanese toy, but Taiwanese instead of Japanese. Or are they Californian? The Internet was vague.

















Mine is not bedazzled. . . yet.

I was leaning too heavily on the Etsy, which is a wonderful place, but I wanted something a little closer to the source. That is when the kame of cutesy (not this guy) parted their plushie clouds and sent forth the way to the my own cell phone charm heaven: Strapya World
A few rapturous hours later, I complied for you, my 4 readers, a countdown of favorites from this World of Strapya.

5. Sweet Chestnut in Fluffy Hull Coin Case


















That is right. It is a coin purse complete with calybium and cupule. And the chestnut proper is a magnet, so you can keep track of your Taco Bell receipt whilst plotting to get a free Crunchwrap.

4. Hahaha! Teeth Game



That's its name and the joke is, you have not idea how to play it. It comes with Japanese/picto instructions just about as informative as the ones that come with Ikea's light fixtures. Unlike the lights, there is no discernible risk of electrocution. It appears that the teeth (good, bad, gold, silver and canine) like to wobble, be upside down, stacked, and flicked. They are held in that giant tooth tooth holder. There is also a die that I don't think will help you in any d20 system.

3. Otamatone



Even they admit it is weird. PLUS!! The demonstrators in the YouTube video squeak out "Gonna Fly Now." OH yeah! Many of these toys have video accompaniment. This page has four video mega-winners all together. Watch them. It'll only take a few minutes. The store has a YouTube channel full of them.

2. Yurakoro Egg Shaped Kitten



All I can say for this one is to watch the video. Sold. What are they saying? What are those songs? Irrelevant.

1. SNEAKY CAT BANK!!!



I have been struck. I want 30 of them. Maybe it comes of watching so much Antiques Roadshow those formative years. I am powerless to resist the trick banks' call. The cat bones dish! Wow! There is also a must-see video.


Winner of the honorable mention is not from the Strapysphere, but it is a superb example of Japanese genius, though perhaps the USB part wasn't well thought out. Cold offices? I won't post a picture of right here in case you are at work or with your grandmother. It comes from the folks at Thanko Japan (and credit to the Woot deal-scouts for making it public). I just found Thanko at the end of this little adventure and see hours of potential. But it is late and I will use up all my Blogspot Mb's so I will let you explore for yourselves.
Thanks Internet.
Thanks Japan.
I love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment